Library Access for Students, Faculty, and Staff
Visitors must complete COVID-19 protocols established by TLU Health Services. Library hours will vary outside of regular semester hours; consult the monthly calendar for details.
Library Experience & Expectations
- Face coverings are required - see TLU Face Covering Policy.
- Physical distancing is required - see TLU Social Distancing Policy.
- Users are allowed to access all floors.
- Furniture has been adjusted to ensure social distancing of six feet.
- Use of Instruction Lab B12 follows established policies for classroom social distancing.
Traffic Flow & Access
- Deliveries are made through the back door
- The handling of reserve materials for courses may be uploaded to students' eRacer or Brightspace D2L course site.
- Professors who are regular users of physical reserves may reach out to request determine how their needs may be met. Other faculty may contact the library or one of the librarians for assistance.
- The reference station at the circulation desk is staffed most afternoons.
- Reference transactions may be conducted virtually, with face-to-face reference transactions available by appointment if needed.
- Directions for setting up an appointment or contacting a librarian for an appointment are posted on the library’s website, and can be added to the remote access instructions embedded in eRacer class sites.
- Staffing of the circulation desk is limited to provide adequate social distancing.
- The circulation desk has protective plexiglass shields at the desk with pass-through capability.
- High-touch, short-term loan items are not being circulated at this time. Inexpensive earbuds are provided on an as-needed basis.
- Classes that regularly use Fitbits may continue to check them out.
- Circulation laptops are coordinated by the TLU Bookstore. Cameras and other equipment loans are available.
- Cash transactions are no longer be allowed at the circulation desk. While continuing to encourage the timely return of items, the library is waiving overdue fees during the semester.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- ILL of digital items and physical items continues.
- Library instruction is offered to classes in online, face-to-face sessions in regularly scheduled classrooms, and in the library instruction lab to very small classes (following TLU's social distancing policy).
- Purchase of physical items has been restored.
- Faculty members may request items for purchase.
Library-Based Programs (CTL, SCC, Academic Support, IT)
Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL)
- CTL activities are online and in-person.
Student Communication Center (SCC)
- SCC sessions are being conducted in-person by appointment.
Academic Support (Collaborative Learning Assistants and Supplemental Instructors)
- Activities are in person and online.
IT Help Desk and Second Floor Offices
- IT is providing consultation and support online or in-person.