Part-Time Nursing Lab & Collaborative Learning Assistant
Part-Time Nursing Lab & Collaborative Learning Assistant, New Braunfels Campus
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for the position of Part-time Nursing Lab & Collaborative Learning Assistant for the Department of Nursing, New Braunfels campus.
This position will work with the Nursing Learning Resource Coordinator, Faculty, and Nursing Program Assistant under the supervision of the Director of Nursing. The Lab & Collaborative Learning Assistant will be responsible for the day to day operations in the learning labs including, but not limited to restocking, pulling and setting up supplies for scheduled labs, maintaining organization in the labs, supervising open lab times, and assisting with inventory tracking. In addition, this role will work with the nursing faculty to offer additional nursing student academic support.
Qualified candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Master’s degree in Nursing is preferred
- Unencumbered RN license in Texas
- Clinical experience in nursing preferred in any of the following areas: medical-surgical/critical care, palliative care, and/or maternal-child specialty is preferred. Consideration will also be given to candidates with experience in other specialty areas. Experience in nursing clinical simulation, experience with integrated technology systems and tools and/or nursing education is also preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with consistent demonstration of caring, compassion, and kindness
- Work effectively as a team member
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Logistical scheduling and planning skills
- Computer technical and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to prepare and organize laboratory and demonstration materials
- Ability to anticipate and effectively adapt to changes in program requirements and methodology
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body
- Understand and support the mission of Texas Lutheran University
Benefits are competitive. Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. For more information about TLU, consult our web site at www.tlu.edu.
Please submit a completed TLU application, a resume; and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
Fax: (830) 372-6409
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made.