Nursing Clinical Coordinator - Houston Campus
Nursing Clinical Coordinator - Houston Campus
Texas Lutheran University seeks Clinical Coordinator for Nursing to lead the establishment and support of clinical nursing sites for our Nursing students in Houston. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Nursing on the Houston Campus, the Clinical Coordinator is a critical member of the Nursing Department and contributor to the success of students’ clinical learning. They are responsible for planning and organizing nursing clinical placements, including acquisition of clinical sites. This is a full-time, 12-month exempt administrative position, with an anticipated start date of March 1, 2022.
This role requires strong planning, execution, and collaborative skills as well as demonstrated experience in seeking and establishing clinical sites. A strong candidate will have the ability to connect and build relationships with many different constituencies to support student learning. While not an academic position, they must have a strong understanding of the nursing curriculum and the vision and mission of the nursing program and TLU. This position will be critical as Texas Lutheran University strengthens its commitment to student success, retention, and engagement, under a renewed commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Clinical Coordinator responsibilities will include the following priorities:
- Identify and operationalize student clinical site opportunities and work with faculty to identify sites for capstone rotation and onboarding for all rotations.
- Serve as the liaison and maintain a positive working relationship with clinical sites to ensure a quality clinical experience that leads to strong student learning outcomes.
- Work with the Director of Nursing, the Assistant Director of Nursing, and the BSN Coordinator to develop and continually refine clinical site strategies.
- Track the onboarding to clinical sites for all students.
- Network with potential and current clinical site personnel to establish appropriate student placements and ensure clinical site availability for the two campuses.
- Support students through the clinical placement onboarding by maintaining on boarding requirements for all partner sites and keeping students and faculty informed.
- Coordinate the clinical agreement approval process for all clinical sites.
- Maintain a list of potential clinical partners
- Promote the mission and vision of TLU and the Department of Nursing among faculty, staff, and students.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader, skilled administrator, and community builder, creating a strong team at the Houston site and strong connections with the main campus is Seguin Texas. Specific required qualifications for the position include:
- Earned Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or business-related field with health care experience.
- Commitment to excellence in nursing education with undergraduate students consistent with the Department’s Mission, Values, and Program Outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills for identifying issues, communicating with stakeholders (faculty, students, staff and agencies), and obtaining support for the nursing program).
- Evidence of excellent technology skills including use of Excel and ability to quickly adapt to new technology.
- Ability to drive to clinical sites to maintain current and build new relationships for clinical placements.
- Ability to be available to work throughout the workday and a few evenings per week, as well as occasional weekends.
- Ability to work collegially with faculty and staff in the department and across the university along with external partners.
- Commitment to university/community service, outreach, and continued professional development.
- Commitment to attracting, retaining, and educating students from traditionally underrepresented groups.
- Understanding and support of the mission of Texas Lutheran University.
Preference may be given to candidates who also offer one or more of the following:
- Evidence of experience in building and promoting community relationships, including developing student practicums in nursing.
- Evidence of experience in strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Evidence of contributions to diversity and/or experience working with underrepresented student populations, as well as professionals and/or patient populations of such backgrounds.
The Department of Nursing has full approval from the Texas Board of Nursing to offer a baccalaureate degree and a direct entry MSN in nursing and is accredited by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001. We have an excellent pre-licensure NCLEX-RN pass rate and employment rate for our graduates. The curriculum is designed to prepare graduates for a nursing career and requires all students to be involved in faculty-mentored undergraduate research. Information about the Department of Nursing is available at www.tlu.edu/nursing.
Texas Lutheran University seeks applicants who understand the importance of diversity particularly as it pertains to Hispanic Serving Institutions. We seek candidates who have the professional skills, experience, and/or willingness to enhance campus diversity in support of our mission as an institution and our strategic plan. As part of your application, please submit a statement that addresses your contributions to diversity and/or your experience working with underrepresented populations.
Benefits are competitive. Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. Review of applicants will begin immediately. To be considered for this position, please submit a letter of application addressing the above and your contribution to diversity, and three professional references (names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers). Also include your current resume
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
FAX: (830) 372-6409