Director of Campus Living
Director of Campus Living
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for the position of Director of Campus Living. This position will provide leadership, supervision, and daily management of all areas pertaining to TLU's Residence Life Program. This position is ultimately responsible for developing and maintaining a living/learning environment that fosters academic, personal, and spiritual growth. The Director will be assisted by professional live in staff members and resident assistants.
- Oversee planning and direction of all university housing including fulfillment of occupancy goals, contractual compliance and administrative direction of on-campus student housing.
- Responsible for direct selection, supervision, scheduling, evaluation and ongoing training of professional and indirect selection, supervision, scheduling, evaluation and ongoing training of student staff.
- Foster an environment for learning and social interaction that supports the mission of the university through strategic planning efforts and in collaboration with student life and academic affairs divisions.
- Develop and oversee implementation of community-based social programs for on-campus residents. Collaborate with other student life staff members in providing quality educational programming for students throughout campus.
- Collaborate with Connect@ TLU regarding RA programming.
- Develop a Living Learning Community programs.
- Produce reports for the Department and Student Affairs Division.
- Have knowledge of Jenzabar computing system and various reports within the Department.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records, personnel matters, disciplinary matters, administrative assignments, budgets, and other sensitive information.
- Monitor the maintenance of housing facilities and participate in the planning of housing renovations/construction/refurbishment with Executive Director of Facilities.
- Understand and support the mission of Texas Lutheran University
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree in Student Personnel or related field is preferred.
- Three to five years related experience in residence life is required.
- Must have experience supervising full time professional staff.
- Experience with budgets and financial management, facilities management, housing assignments/occupancy management, and student conduct.
- Solid independent judgment is required; ability to lead in a crisis situation. Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate numerous activities
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to establish rapport and build relationships with students and work on a team.
- General computer competence
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to perform well under stress, be consistent, and diffuse conflict situations. Skill in promoting a living environment conducive to learning.
- Skill in advising residents and staff personally and academically.
- Strong administrative skills, personnel management, and knowledge of budgeting.
- Update and/or create necessary Campus Living policies/procedures for student handbook and Business Office (for account charges) as well as documents such as housing contracts, employment applications, incident reports, room/apartment inventory forms, staff manuals and housing brochures.
- Participate as a key leader maintaining compliance with the student code of conduct system.
- Provide accurate housing information to parents, students, and prospective students via on-campus presentations, publications, and personal interaction.
Benefits are competitive. Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. Please submit an application, a resume, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
FAX: (830) 372-6409
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made.