Director for Transfer and Graduate Admissions
Director for Transfer and Graduate Admissions
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for a Director for Transfer and Graduate Admissions. This position oversees all significant recruiting and enrollment functions related to transfer and graduate admissions at TLU. The director manages a team of three admissions staff while collaborating and coordinating with Student Financial Services and Registration & Records staff on financial aid, transcript evaluation/advising, and veterans’ benefits. The director reports to the Associate VP for Admissions to ensure the consistent application of TLU’s holistic review and admission process. The director serves on all graduate program review committees and is critical in the research, development, and implementation of new graduate programs and processes.
- Develop and implement all admissions and enrollment functions related to transfer and graduate programs.
- Evaluate credentials submitted by applicants by reviewing admission applications, transcripts, essays, test scores to determine a student’s potential for success at TLU.
- Make admission or denial recommendations based on the holistic review of a student’s academic credentials and other relevant factors. Such recommendations will be made with the goal of enhancing the academic standards and quality of the university and predicting the future success of the student.
- Work with the VP for Admissions & Marketing and the Associate VP for Admissions to develop and implement a recruiting and marketing plan for transfer students and graduate programs. Provide input and review on external agency’s marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Represent TLU and the transfer and graduate team at visit programs and events both on and off-campus.
- Work with direct reports, the associate director for visit programs, and the TLU Marketing team to plan and implement on and off-campus programs and events that attract prospective transfer and graduate students.
- Serve as guest speaker on higher education topics (e.g., the college search process, financial aid issues, scholarship services, etc.) for a variety of constituents, including but not limited to professional organizations, community colleges, prospective students, parents, and colleagues.
- Serve as the primary university contact for transfer and graduate students regarding academic programs of study, program requirements, and scholarships.
- Ensure effective and timely communication with prospective students and other key constituents and partners.
- Investigate complaints or disputes on behalf of students/key stakeholders and work with appropriate staff to resolve such issues. Significant matters may include, but are not limited to the following: financial aid, scholarships, academic program requirements, transfer credits, admissions documents, etc.
- Participate in immediate and long-term team planning by offering feedback and recommendations for departmental goals and strategies.
- Research and monitor competitors’ programs in the region and make recommendations to enhance and maintain TLU’s competitive edge in the market.
- Participate in the creation and review of university publications, marketing collateral, website content, and university policies regarding transfer and graduate enrollment.
- Make large and small group presentations to prospective transfer and graduate students regarding programs offered by TLU.
- Coordinate special projects as assigned.
- Understand and support the mission of Texas Lutheran University
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least five years of experience in college admissions, preferably at a small, private liberal arts and sciences university.
- Demonstrated experience managing and motivating a team of professional recruiters.
- Success in setting and reaching individual and team goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of inquiry generation, yield strategies, and financial aid leveraging.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to willingly assist others, remain calm under pressure, and model a positive outlook.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience using Slate (CRM).
- Travel and some evening/weekend responsibilities are expected.
Benefits are competitive. Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. Please submit an application, a resume, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
FAX: (830) 372-6409
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made.