Associate Director Of Development
Texas Lutheran University is seeking applicants for an Associate Director of Development.
This full-time position reports to the Associate Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations and will serve as a personal ambassador of Texas Lutheran University. This position’s responsibility is to both the university and the donor. Primary responsibility is to identify, cultivate, solicit, and provide stewardship to mid-level (as defined by the department) annual donors for gifts to Texas Lutheran University through personal and event contacts. The specific objective is to strategically move mid-level donors to higher levels of giving in order to further support the academic quality of the university.
Position requirements include:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required
- At least two years of experience in progressive and proven fundraising or related experience in development, sales, or public relations
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; ability to listen well
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to plan and schedule own work
- Ability to facilitate meetings and groups
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Public speaking ability
- High degree of judgment is required to deal with complex factors
- Ability to make decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Understand and support the mission and strategic plan of Texas Lutheran University
Benefits are competitive. Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. Please submit an application, a resume, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
FAX: (830) 372-6409
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made.