Assistant Director of Sports Information & Sports Marketing
Texas Lutheran University, an NCAA Division III institution in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference and the American Southwest Conference (football), invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Sports Information & Sports Marketing.
This position will assist in all aspects of athletics communications and athletics marketing, with primary emphasis on event coverage (including video webcasting), statistics, social media, graphic design, and website population. This is a full-time position with frequent evening and weekend work required.
- Manage and direct all sports information tasks for cross country, track and field, men’s and women’s golf, men’s and women’s tennis, and other TLU intercollegiate athletics teams as assigned by the director of sports information and sports marketing. These tasks include updating team Web pages with stories and statistics, writing game or event stories and distributing those to the media via email, recording game and season results and statistics, filing Player of the Week nominations with the American Southwest Conference and Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference.
- Manage the set-up of tables, tents, chairs, sound system, etc. for all home athletic events.
- Assist in the coordination of game-day operations for designated sporting events (including running of computer stat programs and distribution of post-game box scores).
- Update and maintain Sports Information bulletin boards in the Jones Complex and Alumni Student Center.
- Deliver TLU athletics posters and schedule cards to community advertisers and on-campus offices and locations.
- Coordinate halftime shows for men’s and women’s home basketball games.
- Serve as sports information photographer for team and individual player shots and for action shots at home games.
- Occasional travel on weekends with TLU athletic teams.
- Potentially run social media accounts for not only TLU Athletics but individual sports.
- Coordinate and compile music for all home athletic contests.
- Help lead the office’s summer advertising campaign to raise funds that support the Sports Information Department, TLU Football’s media guide, and all home football game programs.
- Understand and support the mission and strategic plan of Texas Lutheran University
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, sports management, or related field
- Experience in Stat Crew/NCAA Live Stats statistical software
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience with a variety of social media tools and applications
- Collegiate-level athletics communications experience preferred
- Excellent writing and computer skills
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- A strong, self-motivated work ethic
- Ability to work well independently and as part of the sports information and marketing team
- Proficiency in photography
- Video Editing Skills is a plus
- An understanding of and appreciation for sports
- Some independent judgment is required to analyze facts and determine actions to be taken within the limits of standard practice
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
Benefits are competitive. Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. Please submit an application, a resume, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
FAX: (830) 372-6409
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made.