Assistant Director of Development Services & Research
Texas Lutheran University is seeking applicants for an Assistant Director of Development Services & Research.
This full-time position reports to the Director of Development Services and assists the Development and Alumni Relations office. A comprehensive understanding of prospecting, researching, fundraising and donor relations is required.
Position requirements include:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Proficiency at identifying pools of prospects and individual prospects through constituent list segmentation and analysis, electronic database screening, and peer/constituency screening and rating
- Knowledge of Jenzabar or any other donor database
- Word Processing skills required as well as an in-depth knowledge of internet search tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must be creative, team-orientated and constituent-focused
- Must have the ability to set priorities and manage several projects at once with minimal supervision
- Independent judgment is required to analyze facts and determine actions to be taken within the limits of standard practice
- Must be resourceful and self-motivated
- Experience in higher education in a development setting preferred
- Minimum of one year as a Prospect Researcher, Prospect Developer or demonstrated equivalent preferred
- Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA) Membership preferred
- Understand and support the mission and strategic plan of Texas Lutheran University
Benefits are competitive. Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. Please submit an application, a resume, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
FAX: (830) 372-6409
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made.