Assistant Director for Graduate Admissions
Assistant Director for Graduate Admissions
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for an Assistant Director for Graduate Admissions. This position performs all recruiting and enrollment functions related to TLU’s master’s degree programs: Master of Accountancy, Master of Science in Data Analytics, Master of Athletic Training, and Master of Arts in Education as well as any new graduate programs. The assistant director reports to the director for transfer and graduate admissions and coordinates on a regular basis (weekly, if not daily) with the graduate program directors. While working with direct entry and concurrent students throughout the enrollment process, the assistant director also serves as a liaison between the prospective graduate student and the academic program director, financial aid counselor, and transcript evaluator/advisor to ensure questions and issues are addressed prior to the student starting a term.
The assistant director prepares applicants’ files for reading and review by each graduate program’s admissions review committee. Once an admissions decision has been made, the assistant director marks the decision in Slate (CRM) for processing. The assistant director works with each graduate program director to plan recruiting and visit events (virtual, on-campus, and off-campus) and to support orientation/on-boarding programs and events. They also work with the Partnership Recruiter to identify potential corporations, institutions, and entities for outreach and partnership proposals.
- Develop and implement recruiting strategies to meet TLU’s graduate enrollment goals.
- Serve as primary contact and subject matter expert on graduate program enrollment, including, program criteria, cost, and entry terms/application deadlines.
- Work with prospective graduate students to answer questions related to program requirements, financial aid, etc., to ensure application deadlines and requirements are met. Demonstrate an understanding of the financial aid process – scholarships, grants, loans, appeals/special circumstances and the FAFSA – and be able to review and explain financial aid offers to students.
- Prepare graduate applicants’ completed files for review by the admissions review committee for each program. Attend graduate committee meetings to address enrollment-related issues and answer committee members’ questions. Once an admissions decision has been made, the assistant director marks the decision in Slate (CRM) for processing.
- Work with associate director for admissions information systems to review Slate processes including the reader /bin process, decision letters, and emails/deliver campaigns for graduate programs.
- Represent TLU’s graduate programs at events and work with graduate program directors and associate director for visit programs to develop and host recruiting events – virtual, on-campus, and off-campus. Support program directors with their orientation/on-boarding programs for each cohort.
- Represent the university at external programs, conferences, and other events as required.
- Work with the Partnership Recruiter to identify potential corporations, institutions, and entities for outreach and partnership proposals.
- Ensure effective and timely communication with prospective graduate students as well as with colleagues in Admissions & Marketing, Student Financial Services, and Registration & Records.
- Investigate complaints or disputes on behalf of prospective students and work with appropriate staff to resolve such issues. Significant matters may include, but are not limited to the following: financial aid, scholarships, admissions documents, advising, health requirements, etc.
- Participate in the development of admissions marketing materials for graduate fairs, visits, and events.
- Provide content and feedback on external agency’s marketing campaigns and strategies for graduate programs (current and new).
- Coordinate special projects as assigned.
- Understand and support the mission of Texas Lutheran University
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least 1-2 years of higher education or college admissions experience. Experience with graduate programs is preferred.
- Knowledge of Slate/CRM a plus.
- Outstanding customer service skills and student-first philosophy.
- Excellent time management skills; must be a self-starter.
- Ability to work as a team but also understand priorities, work independently, and complete tasks.
Benefits are competitive. Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. Please submit an application, a resume, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
FAX: (830) 372-6409
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made.