Assistant Acrobatics & Tumbling Coach
Assistant Acrobatics & Tumbling Coach
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for the position of Assistant Acrobatics & Tumbling Coach. The Assistant Coach reports to the Head Acrobatics & Tumbling Coach and will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the sport’s program including coaching, recruitment, and monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the sport through excellence in coaching.
- In consultation with the Head Acrobatics & Tumbling Coach:
- Market and promote the Acrobatics & Tumbling sport program
- Adhere to and document compliance with the policies and regulations of the University, Department of Athletics, and NCAA
- Assist in implementation of all practices and competitions
- Assist in student-athlete recruiting efforts to meet team specific annual recruitment goal.
- Maintain professional conduct.
- Uphold the values expected of a Texas Lutheran University employee as outlined in the TLU employee handbook.
- Situation appropriate professional attire required at all times.
- Assist in Department of Athletics fundraising events.
- Abide by all compliance and regulatory expectations of the department, including but not limited to:
- Texas Lutheran University Athletics compliance.
- NCAA Division III bylaws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Title IX & CLERY Act Regulations.
- Ensure that the program adheres to the rules and regulations of the Athletic Conference.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understand and support the mission of Texas Lutheran University
Responsible for knowledge and implementation of NCAA rules and regulations in the areas of amateurism, eligibility, recruiting, financial aid, playing and practice seasons, and awards and benefits. Coaches are expected to fully cooperate and participate in compliance related policies and procedures, within the institution and NCAA guidelines. The Head Coach’s responsibilities include:
- Attend and participate in education meetings.
- Review NCAA rules with student-athletes when necessary and reinforce the importance of compliance.
- Facilitate the provision of all information necessary to determine prospective student-athlete eligibility.
- Provide complete and accurate expense reports.
- Provide complete and accurate required information for all official visits.
- Declare playing and practice seasons and submit to the Director of Athletics for review and approval.
- Ensure team’s compliance with NCAA rules related to playing and practice seasons.
- In cooperation with the Director of Athletics, monitor the scheduling process, verifying that the schedule meets NCAA and conference scheduling requirements and missed class time policies.
- Annually pass the NCAA Coach’s Recruiting Exam.
- Ensure compliance with NCAA Bylaws regarding uniform logos, complimentary tickets and summer camps.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in coaching and/or athletic administration desired.
- Physically active sporting environment, with frequent high intensity activity with coaching.
- Office work and a significant amount of event planning and coordination.
- Moderate activity that may include lifting and pushing.
- Frequent evening and weekend hours.
Benefits are competitive. Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. Please submit an application, a resume, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
FAX: (830) 372-6409
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made.