Connect @ TLU
About Connect @ TLU
Connect @ TLU offers students a centralized digital hub for campus organizations activities, news and events to keep students informed, involved and connected. Connect @ TLU sets students apart with a tool for reflection, allowing them to find broader applications for the experiences, knowledge and skills acquired in and outside the classroom.
How it works
- Create your Profile, complete with picture, contact information and manage your privacy settings and notifications just like your social media accounts
- Get organization and event recommendations by selecting and ranking your interest in different subjects and categories
- Search the Organizations Directory by name, category or keyword
- Get to know organizations and its members and ask to join online
- Register for organizations and download necessary forms
- Manage your past and current organization memberships
- Check out the digital bulletin board for the latest events & news and post your event flyer
- Create events and stay organized with your custom calendar featuring organization and other events
- Create, organize, print and save your Co-Curricular Transcript to document your organization involvement and the experiences outside the classroom that have shaped your knowledge and skills
What it does
The Connect Program is as unique to TLU as Compass, our general education curriculum. Compass and Connect compliment each other by linking learning inside and outside the classroom to broader social and job skills valued by prospective employers. Connect also helps organize your Activity Modules and related competencies that are similar to those required in Compass for graduation. Connect then collects all those experiences and skills and puts them into a personalized Co-Curricular Transcript
Your Co-Curricular Transcript
While this transcript is not tied to the official university transcript that outlines the classes, hours and major and Compass requirements needed for graduation, your Co-Curricular Transcript details your involvement on campus. It tracks your organization involvement by listing each organization you belong to as well as your roles or the leadership positions you held throughout your tenure with the organization. You'll also find a list of events you attended with the date, sponsoring organization and competency achieved.
This transcript acts as a great tool to help build your resume and summarize the skills you acquired at TLU that set you apart from your peers when applying for jobs after graduation. You'll be able to point to a specific experience and talk about how it shaped your approach to problem-solving, social issues, self-expression and leadership. At TLU, you'll learn how to recognize skill-building opportunities, refine those skills, apply them and reflect on how they make you ready to take on the world.
For more information about your Co-Curricular Transcript and how to access it, visit MyTLU (login required).
- TLU Experience
- Residence Life
- Student Activities
- Center for Servant Leadership
- Support Services
- Family & First year
- About Student Life & Learning