About the program
- Provides high-quality professional development that is sustained, intensive, and classroom-focused in order to have a positive and lasting impact on classroom instruction before and while teaching.
- Provides intensive supervision that consists of structured guidance and regular ongoing support for teachers or a teacher mentoring program.
- Allows the candidate to assume the functions as a teacher only for a specified period of time not to exceed three years.
- Requires the teacher to demonstrate satisfactory progress toward full certification as prescribed by the State.
TLU's post-baccalaureate alternative teacher certification program is approved by the Texas Workforce Commission. Some applicants may be eligible for funding under the the Workforce Investment Act (WIA). Contact your local Texas Workforce center for more information.
Application Deadlines for 2014-2015
Summer A 2014: May 1
Summer B 2014: June 6
Fall 2014: August 1
Spring 2015: January 7
Areas of Certification
- EC-6 Generalist
- 4-8 Generalist
- 4-8 Science
- 4-8 Math
- 4-8 Math and Science
- 4-8 English Language Arts and Reading
- 4-8 Social Studies
- 7-12 English Language Arts and Reading
- 7-12 History
- 7-12 Life Science
- 7-12 Math
- 7-12 Physical Science
- 7-12 Social Studies
- 7-12 Science
- EC-12 Art
- EC-12 Music
- EC-12 Physical Education (Kinesiology)
- EC-12 LOTE: Spanish
| |For issues or complaints about this educator preparation program, email www.tea.state.tx.us, complaints (located in red banner at the bottom of the home page), or mail Correspondence Management, Texas Education Agency, 1701 N. Congress, Austin, TX 78701.
TExES Certification Exam Pass Rates
|TExES Certification Exam Pass Rates 2010-2011|
TExES Certification Exam Pass Rates 2011-2012
TExES Certification Exam Pass Rates 2012-2013
|Dr. Adam Akerson|
Director of the Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification Program
Texas Lutheran University
Department of Education - PBTCP
1000 W. Court
Seguin, TX 78155
For more information about becoming a teacher in Texas, visit the State Board for Educator Certification.