Weather Update - Sunday, Aug. 27
August 27, 2017
WEATHER UPDATE: Sunday, August 27, 2017 at 3:00 PM
TLU’s Vice President of Academic Affairs Dr. Debbie Cottrell and Vice President and Dean of Student Life & Learning Kristi Quiros sent out emails this afternoon to faculty and students regarding current weather conditions.
The following is a summary of what has been communicated to students:
- Classes have been cancelled for Monday, August 28. At this time, our plan is to resume classes on Tuesday assuming weather conditions do not worsen.
- We anticipate that some students from the coastal areas will have difficulty returning to campus or may need to stay home and help their families. Our faculty members will work with those students on scheduling and making up missed work.
- We are urging students, staff, and faculty to make safety their top priority. Because of county road conditions and the closing of Seguin ISD on Monday, TLU will also keep offices closed on Monday with some essential personnel on campus to continue to monitor conditions and prepare for resuming classes on Tuesday.
- For students staying on campus, Hein Dining Hall is open and will continue to operate on the weekend hours schedule.
- Students who have any concerns or need assistance are encouraged to communicate with their RA or Area Coordinator. They are here to help.
- Students who are off campus and have any questions or concerns, are encouraged to reach out to Dean Quiros or any Student Life & Learning staff by email.
Faculty, staff, students, and parents should continue to check email, tlu.edu, Facebook and Twitter for updates. We are also sending out texts via E2Campus.
WEATHER UPDATE: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 1:10 PM:
Due to heavy rain and likely flooding in the Seguin and surrounding areas, all classes are canceled for Monday, August 28.
WEATHER UPDATE: Friday, August 25, 2017
Due to the projected impact of Hurricane Harvey and the threat of heavy rain, winds, and potential flooding all TLU classes will be canceled on Friday.
Students who wish to travel home should use caution and heed travel advisories. Campus housing and Hein Dining Hall will remain open for any students choosing to stay on campus. We encourage students to use caution and remain on campus if travel appears to be dangerous.
All residents need to alert your RA as to your plans. There will be sign-up sheets on all RA doors.
The administration will closely monitor the events and a decision will be made on Saturday as to the status of Monday classes. Please check your TLU email or e2campus for announcements or updates.
TLU offices will remain open during regular hours. Staff should use caution when traveling to and from the campus. All weekend events will be canceled or postponed.
Students with questions should contact the office of student life and learning at 830-372-8060. Faculty and staff with questions or concerns should contact the office of the president at 830-372-8001.
Again we encourage all faculty, staff and student to use caution during this weather event.
Filter By Topic
- All News
- TLU Stories
- Events News
- Torch Online