TLU COVID-19 Update: March 30, 2020
March 30, 2020
Update | March 30, 2020
Today marks the first day of online instruction. We realize this is new for all of us, so we encourage everyone to be patient and support each other as we work through this transition. If you have a question that has not been addressed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit tlu.edu/semc for the latest information as well as previous campus updates.
Here is the latest information and reminders for TLU faculty, staff, and students for Monday, March 30:
Information for faculty and staff:
- Federal CDC Guidelines: Over the weekend, CDC Presidential Guidelines pertaining to the Coronavirus were extended until April 30. We will follow the federal government’s guidelines so employees who are staying home or working from home should plan on these arrangements until April 30.
Information for students:
- Moving out of residence halls: To date, 376 students have moved out of their residence hall, so a little over half of total residents. Four groups are scheduled to move out today,and tomorrow starts the second move-out option day for students.Don’t forget to turn in your keys and complete the online check-out form. For questions on the move-out schedule or making alternative arrangements if you are in a stay-at-home area, please email email@example.com
- Room and board adjustments:We are working on a plan for the adjustment for room and board (meal plan) payments that will be shared this week with students and parents.
- Drop date extended: The final date to drop a class has been extended by three weeks to April 22.
- Academic Advising: Advising starts today and will last until April 8. Expect emails from your department chair or advisor with additional guidance.
- Building access across campus: Students’ card access has been deactivated to all buildings but will be reactivated during the move-out times so students can get their belongings from their residence hall.
- Weston Center access for music students: Music students will have access to the School of Music Building when they also have access to their residence hall. If the scheduled move-out time doesn’t work for a student or the student is a commuter, they should email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to pick up their instrument and/or get their belongings.
- Bookstore: The TLU Bookstore is accepting online and phone orders only. Please contact email@example.com with questions. A plan for returning rental books is being developed and will be communicated to students closer to the end of the semester.
Stay safe and be well!
TLU Safety and Emergency Response Committee
Filter By Topic
- All News
- TLU Stories
- Events News
- Torch Online