TLU COVID-19 Update: March 26, 2020
March 26, 2020
Update | March 26, 2020
Here is the latest information and reminders for TLU faculty, staff, and students:
- Update on TLU Nursing students: The three Nursing students who have been in self-quarantine have completed their 14-day quarantine and no longer need to be monitored.
- Student workers: The only student work that will be done after this week will be remote-only work that has been approved by a faculty or staff supervisor or VP.
- Campus buildings and services:
- Building access across campus: Students’ card access has been deactivated to all buildings but will be reactivated during the move-out times announced yesterday so students can get their belongings from their residence hall.
- Weston Center access for music students: Music students will have access to the School of Music Building when they also have access to their residence hall. If the scheduled move-out time doesn’t work for a student or the student is a commuter, they should email email@example.com to schedule a time to pick up their instrument and/or get their belongings.
- Bookstore: The TLU Bookstore is accepting online and phone orders only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. A plan for returning rental books is being developed and will be communicated to students closer to the end of the semester.
- Canceled or postponed events:Yesterday we announced the cancelation of our Student Academic Symposium and the Class Ring Ceremony, which were scheduled for April 17. We also announced that Spring Commencement on May 9 will be postponed to August (details to be determined).
- The latest on housing and residence halls:
- Residence Halls and students’ belongings. We are providing the opportunity for students to come to campus through a staggered/scheduled plan to get their belongings from their residence halls. Students are not required to get their things if they aren’t able to make their scheduled time or if there is a stay-at-home directive that prevents them from coming to campus.
- Room and boardadjustments. We know students and parents are concerned about room and board payments.We are working with a sense of urgency on a plan for the adjustment for room and board payments that will be shared next week with students and parents.
- President Cottrell’s Livestream Town Hall Meeting for students tomorrow: Students and parents are invited to join President Cottrell in a livestream town hall meeting tomorrow at 11 am. Emails will be sent out to both audiences with a link to view.
Helpful Resources and Links from Texas DSHS and CDC:
- The CDC has added a helpful and informative symptom self-checker online tool to its “What To Do If You Are Sick" page
- The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) has a Texas map that shows the number of reported COVID-19 cases by county.
We realize we are all in different situations depending on where we live and the individual circumstances we are in, soplease be sure tosubmit any questions that have not been addressed to email@example.com. You can visit tlu.edu/semc for the latest information as well as previous campus updates.
Filter By Topic
- All News
- TLU Stories
- Events News
- Torch Online