TLU COVID-19 Update: March 24, 2020
March 24, 2020
Update | March 24, 2020
Our priority is to share information on the developments around COVID-19 in a timely manner to ensure the health and safety of our community. If you have any questions that have not been addressed, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit tlu.edu/semc for the latest information as well as previous campus updates.
Here is the daily update regarding TLU’s response to COVID-19 for Tuesday, March 24:
- New staffing work plan for essential campus operations: President Cottrell and members of the President’s Cabinet yesterday developed and shared the new staffing work plan. As of today, we are operating with limited on-campus staff but remain focused on serving our students and faculty as we move into our online learning environment. Along with a limited number of staff members in each major area of campus, the President and all members of the President’s Cabinet are on campus and available to answer questions as needed.
- All Campus buildings are closed to the public: We will be sending out a separate email today to faculty, staff, and students regarding limited access to specific buildings.
- TLU Athletics: Yesterday at noon, the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) announced the cancellation of all conference competition, including all spring championships, for the remainder of the current academic year.
- The TLU Softball Crawfish Boil fundraiser set for Saturday, April 4, has been canceled.
- Reminder – President Cottrell’s Livestream Town Hall Meetings this week: Please plan to join President Cottrell in livestream town hall meetings this Thursday, March 26, at 11 am for faculty and staff and Friday, March 27, at 11 am for students. We will send out the links to the livestream meetings tomorrow and Thursday.
We are aware that many cities and counties in Texas have issued shelter-in-place declarations. Guadalupe County Commissioners and the Seguin City Council are both meeting today, and we will be monitoring these meetings to let our community know if there are decisions that are made at the city and county level that impact or change any of the decisions and announcements we’ve made to date.
Be safe and well,
TLU Safety and Emergency Management Committee
Filter By Topic
- All News
- TLU Stories
- Events News
- Torch Online