TLU COVID-19 Update: April 1, 2020
April 1, 2020
UPDATE | APRIL 1, 2020
Here is the latest information for Wednesday, April 1. If you have a question that has not been addressed, please email email@example.com. You may also visit tlu.edu/semc for the latest information as well as previous campus updates.
- Texas Governor’s order: Yesterday, Texas Governor Abbott issued an executive order that renews and amends his previous order enforcing federal social distancing guidelines until April 30. The protocols allow exceptions for essential activities and services based on the Department of Homeland Security’s guidelines on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce. As announced on Monday, TLU is following the federal government’s guidelines so employees who are staying home or working from home should plan on these arrangements until April 30. While the governor’s order doesn’t change our current work plan, the President’s Cabinet will review our plan on a regular basis and make adjustments as necessary.
- Room and board refunds: The housing and meal plan refund plan will be announced this week and refunds will be paid in mid-April. Please keep an eye out for an email from Student Financial Services in the next few days.
Reminders and previous announcements:
- Moving out of residence halls: The second move-out option day for students is underway. Click here to view the move-out schedule. Don’t forget to turn in your keys and complete the online check-out form. For questions on making alternative arrangements if you are in a stay-at-home area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop date extended: The final date to drop a class has been extended by three weeks to April 22.
- Academic Advising: Advising is underway and will last until April 8.
- Building access across campus: Students’ card access has been deactivated to all buildings but will be reactivated during the move-out times so students can get their belongings from their residence hall.
- Weston Center access for music students: Music students will have access to the School of Music Building when they also have access to their residence hall. If the scheduled move-out time doesn’t work for a student or the student is a commuter, they should email email@example.com to schedule a time to pick up their instrument and/or get their belongings.
- Bookstore: The TLU Bookstore is accepting online and phone orders only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. A plan for returning rental books is being developed and will be communicated to students closer to the end of the semester.
Stay safe and be well!
TLU Safety and Emergency Response Committee
Filter By Topic
- All News
- TLU Stories
- Events News
- Torch Online