AlumNotes & In Memoriam - May 2017
May 23, 2017
Frances Duderstadt '38 Hartmann had her 100th birthday on March 11, 2017. About 75 friends and relatives celebrated at the St. Paul Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall in Yorktown, Texas. Thanks to all who came, sent cards, well wishes, and prayers for her.
Kez Wold '91 was selected as the associate commissioner for adult protective services (APS) for the state of Texas. The program he leads investigates abuse, neglect and exploitation of older adults and persons with disabilities, and provides services to mitigate the abuse and prevent future victimization.
"Friday Night Tykes: Steel Country," one of the documentary television shows co-created by Chris Elley '98 on USA Network, was recently nominated for a national Sports Emmy. The Sports Emmys will take place in May at Lincoln Center in New York. Elley was also recently announced as the recipient of the Rising Star Award by Texas State University. This is the university's highest recognition for alumni under the age of 40.
Jessica Hartman Mendoza '09 married Victor Fred Mendoza on October 29, 2016. The two reside in Austin, where Jessica is a staff attorney for the Railroad Commission of Texas and Victor is deputy general counsel to the Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives.
In Memoriam - Alumni
- Sylvia du Menil, 1944, March 27, 2017, Seguin, TX
- Harold Marcus Graf, 1947, alumus (ND), April 15, 2017, Wharton, TX
- Clarence Stanley Fischer, 1948, April 25, 2017, Bartlett, TX
- Freddie Eugene Hightower, 1957, April 23, 2017, Schertz, TX
- Joseph Michael Kulivan, Sr., 1961, April 23, 2017, Midlothian, VA
In Memoriam - Friends
- Caroline Cecily Douglas-Scott-Montagu Weston, Friend, April 4, 2017, New Braunfels, TX
Filter By Topic
- All News
- TLU Stories
- Events News
- Torch Online