AlumNotes & In Memoriam - February 2018
February 26, 2018
Phyllis Mescher Pollard ’67 has retired from her practice of law. She and her husband of 48 years reside in Austin.
A recent Delta Air Lines flight from Frankfurt Germany to Atlanta found two Bulldogs at the controls. Captain Richard Lehman, '80 (L) and First Officer Rick Robb '82 (R) both began their careers in the Air Force upon graduation. They had not crossed paths again until this flight in February some 38 years later. On a side note, both are still married to their spouses they met at TLU; Richard to Linda (Terry) '81 and Rick to Mary (Asp) '81.
Julie Rogers ‘81 obtained her MSA from Western New England University with a concentration in forensic accounting and fraud investigation. She still holds an active CPA license in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Tony Meagher ‘85 will celebrate 30 years of practicing law at DLA Piper (and its predecessor firms) in September. Tony and his wife Kim live just outside Baltimore, Maryland with their 16-year-old twins and two dogs. This past year, they celebrated the marriage of one of their sons and this May will celebrate the graduation of their third child from college. One down, two to go!
Dallas-Fort Worth is home to dozens of creatives who are changing the face of urban planning, social, and educational innovation. Ben Leal '01 is listed under "Education."
Healthy baby boy Paxton Reece Chrastecky was born on Dec. 21, 2017 to proud parents Tanner and Sarah Chrastecky ‘06.
After traveling around the globe and going on to get her master’s degree, Sarah Joy Mikolajczyk Wester ‘08 settled in New Braunfels. She is now a licensed professional counselor (LPC), registered art therapist (ATR), wife, mom, and most recently, an author and illustrator. It has been a dream of hers to publish a book for a long time now, and this past year, that dream finally came to fruition in the form a children's book (that's really for adults, too) called "Dawn the Dreamer and the Feather Field: The Story of How the Broken Birds Began to Fly." The book is available on Amazon.
Jordan Fucilla Davis ‘11 married her husband Jeff on Oct. 28, 2017. Several TLU alumni were bridesmaids.
Araceli Razo Babcock ‘15 and Arthur Babcock ’15 met at TLU during the fall semester of 2012. After five years of courtship, they tied the knot under the eyes of God, their family, and their friends.
- Ruby Lee (Jacob) Braun - Class of 1938 - January 25, 2018 - Yorktown, TX
- Rev. Wilfred Ahrendt - Class of 1940 - February 8, 2018 - Columbus, Ohio
- Marie Isabel Pannell – 1943 Alum (ND) - February 4, 2018 - San Antonio,TX
- Daniel Frank Schorlemer - Class of 1943 - January 18, 2018 - Fort Worth, TX
- Leslie Charles Schulz - Class of 1949 - January 20, 2018 - Ft. Wright, KY
- Harriet Ann Barosh – 1952 Alum (ND) - February 18, 2018 - San Antonio, TX
- Marjorie June Harrison Quebe – 1954 Alum (ND) - January 27, 2018 - Henderson, TX
- Damon Douglas Rodgers – 1956 Alum (ND) - February 10, 2018 - Seguin, TX
- Charles B. Harris - Class of 1963 - October 31, 2017 - Bloomington, IL
- Robert Lee Haecker - Class of 1974 - February 8, 2018 - Seguin, TX
- Robert William Funke - Class of 1980 - February 11, 2018 - Sandia, TX
- Mae Ellen Eisfeldt Mays - Class of 1983 - January 20, 2018 - Cameron, TX
In Memoriam – Friends
- Douglas William Cornelius - July 10, 2017 - Flower Mound, TX
- Eileen Anna David - January 24, 2018 - Buda, TX
- Raymond Greger - January 31, 2018 - Temple, TX
- Nelda Joyce Harrison - February 4, 2018 - Seguin, TX
- Elisabeth Lindenberg Holm - February 10, 2018 - Seguin, TX
- Margaret L. Hughes - January 17, 2018 - San Antonio, TX
- Melvin Marvin Jochec - February 2, 2018 - New Braunfels, TX
- Lester Carl (Les) Jung - January 21, 2018 - San Antonio, TX
- Sara Catherine King - February 20, 2018 - New Braunfels, TX
- Louis R. Magner - February 12, 2018 - Seguin, TX
- Arline MyCue - February 12, 2018 - Seguin, TX
- Gloria Jean Petersen - January 21, 2018 - Fort Worth, TX
- John William Pristash Jr. - February 14, 2018 - Canyon, TX
- Nancy Rabb - February 15, 2018 - Round Rock, TX
- Rick E. Roberts - VP of Development Services & Alumni Relations - January 29, 2018 - Seguin, TX
- Richard Dean Vitters - February 3, 2018 - Fremont, NE
Filter By Topic
- All News
- TLU Stories
- Events News
- Torch Online