Jobs at TLU
Texas Lutheran University is an equal opportunity employer.
Named a Great College to Work For by The Chronicle of Higher Education and a Top Workplace by the San Antonio Express-News, TLU employees personify the university's tagline, Learn Boldly. Live to Inspire. With an understanding that a great college to work for is a great college for students, faculty and staff alike are committed to providing an outstanding experience for students in and outside of the classroom. Both accolades depended heavily on surveys taken by TLU employees, reaffirming the sense of community, collaboration and dedication permeating the campus.
Faculty, from adjunct to tenure-track, benefit from a philosophy of shared governance and a growing university.
TLU administrators are dedicated to ensuring students, faculty and staff all have the opportunity to Learn Boldly and Live to Inspire.
TLU employees are the heart of the university, providing great first and lasting impressions.
The Human Resources Office, located in Suite 105 of the O.G. Beck Center, manages recruiting, benefits, compensation, classification, training, new employee orientation and employment practices.
- Review Job Postings on website for appropriate vacancies and requirements.
- Qualified candidates for available faculty positions should submit their application materials to the contact person listed in the Job Posting.
- Qualified candidates for available administrative staff positions should submit a cover letter outlining their qualifications; a resume; as well as the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of 3 professional references with a completed TLU Application to the Human Resources Office.
- Information and attachments submitted by email should be in PDF or MS Word (DOC) format.
- Qualified candidates for available hourly positions should submit a completed Texas Lutheran University application form to the Office of Human Resources. Application forms are available online or on a forms rack just outside the HR office.
- Applications for administrative and hourly staff positions are accepted only for specific vacancies.
Texas Lutheran University requires volunteers to complete forms and training as regulated by Title IX policies. Volunteers may use the following links to determine these requirements and find required forms prior to beginning volunteer work.
- Intercollegiate Athletics Volunteer Workers
- Volunteer/Unpaid Interns
- Student Organizations Volunteer Workers
Questions about volunteer work at TLU may be directed to the Human Resources staff listed below.
On-Campus Employment is available to all students at TLU. Students may apply for the jobs of their choice, keeping in mind their skills, interests and course load. Working on campus allows a student to begin building a resume while attending classes. Employment earnings may be used to cover the costs of tuition, room and board, or books and personal expenses.
Some students may qualify for Federal Work Study, a classification required for some positions, or may wish to work off campus at various retail stores or restaurants. Students are also encouraged to seek internship opportunities when available in their field of study. More information on the application process, guidelines and job postings can be found on MyTLU (login required).
Food Service positions are available for students, part-time and full-time employees through Sodexo. As the largest employer of students on campus, TLU Campus Dining Services understands works schedules must be arranged around classes and allow for flexibility in hours. Student, part-time and full-time applications can be obtained by visiting our office in Hein Dining Hall.
Title IX Nondiscrimination Statement
Texas Lutheran University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Dr. Bernadette Buchanan, Title IX Coordinator, 830-372-8060. TLU's Title IX policies are outlined at www.tlu.edu/titleix.
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.