TLU TBS-KKP Band Festival 2018
May 18 2018 - May 25 2018 12:00am - 12:00pm | Location: Jackson Auditorium
17th Annual Texas Lutheran University TBS-KKP Band Festival
May 18, 19, 24, and 25
Registration Deadline: April 1 (Registration will close when all spots are filled.)
Payment Deadline: April 15 (Make checks payable to TLU Band Festival/TBS-KKP.)
All performances will be in Jackson Auditorium, a wonderful place to get a quality recording of your band!
About the Band Festival
Entry Fee: $325 per band (includes CD recording)
- Participation Trophy or Outstanding Trophy for all bands
- Limited Special Recognition – Outstanding Musicianship Trophy
*Adjudicators will be experienced Texas Music Educators with a broad understanding of levels and expectations with regard to school size and ensemble status.
To Be Announced
- 2 or 3 selections, 25 minutes of music max. (longer programs will be allowed as needed with proper notification.)
- Music need not be on the Prescribed Music List.
- Bands of all levels are welcome, beginners through high school.
- Complete application request a performance time. You will be contacted by email or telephone for confirmation.
- Payment (no purchase orders, please) is due by April 1 to hold your scheduled time. Please make checks payable to TLU Band Festival/TBS-KKP.
- As our festival schedule is usually full, please notify Beth Bronk of any cancellations no later than April 1 in order to allow others to participate. Please note that after April 1, there will be no refunds for cancellations.
- Final instructions will be sent out the last week of April.
- Unless you specifically request otherwise, all ensembles will receive a brief on-stage clinic with one of the adjudicators at the completion of their performance.
Please check the schedule by clicking the link below to make sure of your times and to verify your entry and information forms and checks have been received.
Information for Directors
Please check the schedule above to verify that your entry information is correct and your forms and checks have been received. Fax in the announcer’s sheet and set-up charts at your earliest convenience.
Forms to Fill Out and Scan, Email, or Fax In IN ADVANCE
Please fax or scan and email the following forms as soon as possible and no later than May 1:
To Be Announced
Please bring three original, numbered judge’s scores for each of your selections to turn in when you arrive.
As of 2018, the warm-up room will be located in the Weston Center for the Performing Arts. More specific information to come as construction is completed.
Move to the Stage
Ten minutes before you perform, you will move to the stage. You should have sufficient time to play a bit on stage or check tuning before you give the announcer the go-ahead.
There will be no risers onstage. If you want risers, please bring your own and a crew to help get them on and off the stage. Risers are not necessary on the stage at Jackson – the acoustics are wonderful without them. There is a good sound shell on the stage and it will be set up as it is for our concerts.
The following percussion equipment is available onstage if you choose to use it: timpani, bass drum, chimes, gong, xylophone, vibes, marimba, and bells. Please bring your own cymbals, snare, toms, or accessories, and all sticks and mallets. There will be a podium and conductor’s stand onstage. If you have any other special needs, please let me know ASAP so I can try to accommodate you.
We are happy to provide a SHORT onstage clinic if you would like one and if time allows. The judges will take turns giving verbal critique to those that want it. The clinic might consist of some encouragement or some brief thoughts about improving as an ensemble, or it could include talking about how to improve a specific spot in the music that didn’t quite happen in performance. When you check in, please confirm whether, if time allows, you would like a short onstage clinic.
SRS Recordings (Scott Shepherd’s company) will be recording this year at no additional cost to you. He will provide a CD for every ensemble that performs. You will receive the CD with your comment sheets, scores and trophy when you check out.
All judges are experienced, successful directors with experience at all levels of teaching and a great deal to offer our performing groups.
Comment Sheets and Trophies
All groups performing will receive comment sheets and a trophy. The trophies are either “Participant” or “Outstanding Performance” awards. A copy of the adjudication form is included with this information as well.
TLU Director of Bands and Festival Director
Attn: Beth Bronk
1000 West Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
April 20, 2018
April 20, 2018 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
April 26, 2018 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
April 26, 2018 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
April 27, 2018 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
May 10, 2018 12:00 pm - 12:45 pm
May 12, 2018
May 16, 2018