- Meet President Cottrell
- Administrative Services
- Consumer Information
- Nondiscrimination Statement & Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX Policy Definitions
- Title IX Prohibited Conduct
- Reporting Sexual Misconduct or Filing a Complaint
- Hearings & Appeals
- Sanctions & Protective Measures
- Informal Resolution, FERPA Rights, Non-retaliation, Dissemination of Policy
- Healthcare, Victims’ Advocacy, Support and Related Services and Providers
Ph.D. in Philosophy, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, September 1994.
M.A. in Philosophy, University of Washington, Seattle, 1987
B.A. in Philosophy, University of Washington, Seattle, 1982
Specialization: History of Philosophy, in particular Early Modern Philosophy
Professional Experience and Consulting
Manuscript referee for:
- Open Court Publishing
- Routledge Publishing
Encyclopedia Referee for:
- The Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Journal referee for:
- Archiv für Geschichte der Philosophie
- History of Philosophy Quarterly
- The Journal of the History of Ideas
- The Journal of the History of Philosophy
- The Journal of Philosophical Research
- The Southern Journal of Philosophy
- Social Theory and Practice
- American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly
- Southwest Philosophy Review
& Faculty-Student Collaboration
- Faculty-student collaboration with Isabel Dore, Ian Nutting, Jaynellen Stokes, and Kyle Zunker on ethical issues in modern food production systems. Summer 2010.
- Faculty-student collaboration with Isabel Dore, Ian Nutting, Jaynellen Stokes, and Kyle Zunker on whether first world citizens can have moral obligations to help those in life-threatening poverty. Summer 2011.
- Faculty-student collaboration with Drew Brandt, Courtney Farmer, and Jaynellen Stokes on whether animals have moral rights. Summer 2012.
- Faculty-student collaboration with Jacob Diaz, Kelsey Yoemans, and Courtney Farmer on whether we have moral obligations to help those in life-threatening poverty. Summer 2013.
Commissioned to write a book chapter entitled “Leibniz & the 17th-Century German Interpretations of Plato,” for Brill in the forthcoming book entitled Companion to German Platonism (ed. Alan Kim)
“Leibniz on Free Will,” in Continuum Companion to Leibniz, Brandon Look (ed), 208-222, Contiuum, 2011
“Leibniz’s Philosophy of Religion,” in The History of the Philosophy of Religion, 4 volumes, edited by Graham Oppy & Nick Trakakis (eds), 167-181. Acumen Publishing, 2009
“Leibniz on Theories of Freedom,” presented at a conference on La Rationalite Pratique Dans La Philosophie Morale Du XVII Sciecle at the University of Neuchâtel, October 23, 2009. Coauthor Mark Kulstad