- Meet President Dorsey
- Administrative Services
- Consumer Information
- Nondiscrimination Statement & Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX Policy Definitions
- Title IX Prohibited Conduct
- Reporting Sexual Misconduct or Filing a Complaint
- Hearings & Appeals
- Sanctions & Protective Measures
- Informal Resolution, FERPA Rights, Non-retaliation, Dissemination of Policy
- Healthcare, Victims’ Advocacy, Support and Related Services and Providers
Ph.D. in Kinesiology, Texas A&M University
M.Ed. in Physical Education, Texas State University
B.S. in Kinesiology, Stephen F. Austin State University
- Professor for Honors section, 2010
- Authored “Wellness for Life” to be used in FREX 134 curriculum
- Mentorship program with Saegert Middle School
- Rank and Tenure Committee, 2010-2013
- Pathways Project Task Force Member, 2013
- Kinesiology/Business Study Abroad trip, Costa Rica, May 2012
- Directed Fall 2010 Kinesiology Capstone (13 students)
- High Impact faculty group, 2010
- Manuscript Reviewer for Holcomb Hathaway, Publishers (Motor Learning text), 2008
- AAHPERD conference, April, 2013, Charlotte, NC
- TAHPERD conference, December, 2012, Galveston, TX
- NASPSPA conference, June, 2011, Burlington, VT
- Deacon, First Baptist Church of San Marcos
- Volleyball coach, San Marcos Master’s School middle school
- Youth volleyball coach, 2012
- Youth soccer coach, 2010, 2011
- Research with capstone students (approx 20-30 per semester)
- Research projects with students (see list under presentations)
- “Member Spotlight” awarded to a faculty member who has been an active researcher for Texas American College of Sports Medicine, October 2013
- Selected Honorary Coach of the Week, TLU Football, November, 2013
- Awarded “High Impact” grant, 2010
- George Kieffer Fellow
Castro, A. & Helbig, C. (article in revision to Perceptual and Motor Skills, June 2013). “Yoga versus Pilates: Which one is more effective for increasing Range of Motion?” Helbig, C. (2011). “Wellness for life.” Article published in the TLU Reader for FREX class.
Latimer, R. & Helbig, C. (2014, February). “Relationship between Body Mass Index and Balance.” Poster presentation for TAHPERD convention, Ft. Worth. (abstract published).
Helbig, C. & Deike, E. (2013, July). “Mountain Top Yoga.” Workshop for the summer TAHPERD convention, San Marcos, Texas.
Helbig, C. (2013, August). “Moving and Music.” Workshop for the preschool teachers at the Presbyterian Mothers’ Day Out Program, San Marcos, Texas.
Kafoa, P. & Helbig, C. (2013, February). “Predicting Future Falls and Health in the Elderly Using the Timed Up and Go Test.” Poster presentation at Texas American College of Sports Medicine, The University of Texas, Austin. (published in the International Journal of Exercise Science: Conference Abstract Submissions).
Helbig, C. (August, 2012). “The Effect of Movement on Brain Development.” Lecture given to the preschool teachers at the Presbyterian Mothers’ Day Out Program, San Marcos, Texas.
Helbig, C. (July 2012). “Physical Education for Preschoolers: Is it Too Young?” Workshop given at the Texas Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance Summer Conference, Frisco, Texas.
Castro, A. & Helbig, C. (2012, March). “Shooting in the Dark.” Poster presentation at Texas American College of Sports Medicine, University of Texas, Austin. (published in the International Journal of Exercise Science: Conference Abstract Submissions).
Hagan, K. & Helbig, C. (2012, March). “Pilates Versus Yoga: Which One is Better?” Poster presentation at Texas American College of Sports Medicine, The University of Texas, Austin. (abstract published in the International Journal of Exercise Science: Conference Abstract Submissions).
Helbig, C. & Brown, R. (2010, June). “Relationship Between Physique Anxiety and Body Fat Percentage.” Poster session presented at the annual meeting of NASPSPA, Tuscon, Ariz. (abstract published).
Helbig, C. (2010, May). “What does it Mean to be Healthy?” Presented to Texas State Student Health Fair, Texas State University, San Marcos, Texas.
Helbig, C. (2009, February). “What in the World Does “Behold” Mean?" Presented at the Chapel of the Abiding Presence. Texas Lutheran University, Seguin, Texas.