- Freshmen Students
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- Visit TLU
- Contact Admissions
September 24, 2016 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
October 5, 2016 all day
Neurocognition of Music and Art
October 7, 2016 all day
November 5, 2016 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
February 19, 2017 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
International Student Application
International Student Application Deadline: May 1 for the fall semester and October 1 for the spring semester.
An international student is any citizen of a country other than the United States who needs a nonimmigrant visa to study at the university.
The merits of each applicant are considered on a case-by-case basis with a special emphasis on the quality of the academic work. To qualify for admission into the academic program, students from countries where English is not the primary language must present an official TOEFL or IELTS score.
The minimum required scores are:
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- TOEFL CBT – 213
- TOEFL iBT – 80
- IELTS – 6.5
A score of 500 on the SAT Critical Reading section or a score of 21 on the ACT English and Reading sections may substitute for the TOEFL or IELTS.
Those students whose native language is English must submit test results from the SAT I or ACT.
- A completed application for admission or submit the ApplyTexas Common Application.
- The international student addendum to the application.
- Official transcripts from each secondary school and, if applicable, post-secondary school attended. These should include a listing of courses taken and marks/grades earned, and must be translated into English with an official third-party evaluation.
- Proof of financial solvency: This needs to be verified by a financial institution with a signature and photocopies of financial records.
- Completed Confidential Report of Proficiency in English form.
- TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, or ACT scores sent directly to Texas Lutheran from the corresponding testing service.
- A personal statement describing personal goals, professional objectives, and reasons for wanting to study at TLU.
Texas Lutheran University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Dr. Bernadette Buchanan, Title IX Coordinator, 830-372-8060. TLU's Title IX policies are outlined at www.tlu.edu/titleix.
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.