Below are general application instructions for applying to Texas Lutheran University. TLU follows a rolling admission policy, which means that an admissions decision is made after the application file is completed by the applicant. A freshman student application is considered complete only after all items on the application checklist have been received. If you have questions about transferring AP, CLEP, IB, or Dual Credit to TLU, please visit the Credit by Exam page
Choose Your Admissions Strategy
|Assured Admissions | Regular Admissions|
Students who meet one of the following two options qualify for Assured Admission. Under Assured Admission, students are not required to provide recommendation letters or a writing sample.
Option 1: Students who have an academic core grade point average (GPA) of at least a 3.50 (on a 4.0 scale) and rank in the top 15% of their high school graduating class. Note: Official ACT or SAT scores are required for merit scholarship consideration and advising.
Option 2: Students who have earned a composite ACT score of at least 24 (1090 SAT combined score on the Math and Critical Reading sections) and an academic core GPA of at least a 3.00 (on a 4.0 scale)
If you do not meet assured admission requirements, an admissions committee will evaluate your application based on other success indicators including high school course work, honors/advanced placement courses, dual-credit courses, I.B. courses, extracurricular activities, civic or community service, leadership experience, family educational and socioeconomic background, diversity of experience and affiliation with TLU.
|It's easy to learn more about TLU! Just fill out a simple Information Request Form and we'll send you everything you want to know about becoming a Bulldog!|
|Follow these steps to ensure your enrollment at TLU!|
- Submit your application and all materials listed in the checklist.
- Check your acceptance letter for login information to the MY.TLU portal. (This is where you will find the latest information about your individual progress.)
- Submit your non-refundable $200 tuition deposit indicating your intention to enroll at TLU.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for financial aid.
- Sign up for Dog Days
- Submit your Housing Application and Matching Form
- Sign up for Bulldog Basics