RaiseMe is a micro-scholarship platform that helps 9th-12th grade students prepare for college by earning scholarships for their achievements while they’re still in high school. Over 250 colleges and universities have partnered with RaiseMe and over 750,000 high school students use the site.
How does RaiseMe work?
Students create a profile, choose different colleges to follow, and enter their grades, activities, and achievements throughout their four years of high school. RaiseMe provides a platform for students to easily compare how much scholarship money they are eligible to earn from various colleges.
Sign up for free right now and start earning TLU scholarships for each of your achievements during 9th through 12th grade.
What are examples of how I can earn these micro-scholarships?
- Get an A in a class
- Get a B in a class
- Take an IB or AP course
- Participate in an extracurricular activity
- Volunteer in your community
- Score well on the SAT or ACT
- Attend a college fair and meet a TLU admissions representative
- Visit our campus
- Attend a summer program at TLU
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Is RaiseMe free? Yes. RaiseMe is free for high school students. The cost of the program is paid by charitable foundations, colleges, and other funders.
- Are these real scholarships? Yes. We partnered with RaiseMe to allow you to earn scholarships to TLU earlier in high school and help you see how you can be a competitive candidate when applying to TLU.
- Can my RaiseMe scholarship be used in addition to other scholarships from TLU? The amount you have earned through RaiseMe is equal to or less than the scholarship you may be eligible to receive through the regular admissions process at TLU. The RaiseMe funds serve as a guaranteed minimum scholarship that rewards students for being proactive in high school. You may be eligible for additional scholarship funds or grants depending on your academic profile and your financial need (based on a completed FAFSA).
- RaiseMe scholarship money is not in addition to TLU's academic scholarships such as PACE, Presidential, Academic Excellence, or Heritage (as seen on the TLU academic scholarship grid).
- So what’s the point of RaiseMe? We partner with RaiseMe because we want students to start thinking about the importance of their academic achievements and involvement in extra-curricular activities earlier in the college search and application process. We want high school students to start strong and finish strong.
- Who can use RaiseMe? Students who are in grades 9, 10, 11, or 12 and attend high school in the U.S. can use RaiseMe.
- Who's eligible to earn micro-scholarships? TLU’s RaiseMe scholarships are available for incoming freshman. They are not available for international, transfer, part-time, or returning TLU students.
- How do I get started? You begin by creating an account on RaiseMe. Once your account is established, you should follow TLU and add achievements such as grades, extracurricular activities, and leadership positions to your portfolio.
- How do I receive these scholarships from TLU? You must complete your profile and submit it through RaiseMe by September 1 of your senior year in high school.
- I’m in 10th, 11th, or 12th grade. Can I get scholarship money for things I achieved earlier in high school? Yes. You can fill in your high school portfolio retroactively with achievements going back to the start of 9th grade, and will be eligible to earn scholarships as if you have been using RaiseMe since 9th grade. The more complete your portfolio is, the more opportunities you have to earn micro-scholarships.
- How often should I add achievements to my portfolio? You should add achievements as frequently as you can throughout high school. Adding achievements to your portfolio increases your eligibility for earning scholarships from TLU.
- Can I use the scholarships I earn from the TLU program to pay the cost of attending another school? No. Micro-scholarships are not transferrable between different colleges. You can only use the scholarships that you earn from one school toward the cost of attending that same college — not to any other school.
- Which courses should I add to my portfolio? You should add all of your courses from grades 9 through 12 in order for the Office of Admissions and Student Financial Services teams to award you the correct amount in scholarships.
- What’s the maximum amount I can earn through RaiseMe? The maximum amount of TLU scholarship funds you can earn through RaiseMe is $16,000 per year or $64,000 over four years. This is not in addition to existing TLU scholarships posted on tlu.edu.
- Costs & Calculators
- Helpful Information
October 23, 2019 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
October 24, 2019 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
November 16, 2019 all day