TLU Faculty-Led Programs
A variety of periodic study abroad programs are offered through TLU. These are typically two- to four-week programs led by a professor with travel in May or June, while courses are taken during the spring semester. Past programs have included: Kinesiology to Norway, Dramatic Media & Psychology to Greece, Economics to Ecuador and Biology to Belize.
Tuition and program fees are applied to the spring TLU invoice and financial aid can be applied towards the program. Fees, which usually range from $3,500 to $4,500 typically include airfare, lodging, ground transport, and group admissions on planned programs. Some or all of the meals are generally covered, depending on the program. Students must pre-register for the respective class and affiliated lab travel portion and must have a minimum GPA of 2.25 and a good campus discipline record to participate. Application and a $300 non-refundable deposit are due at the time of pre-registration, usually in mid-November. Locations and course subjects vary year to year.
Detailed information about upcoming faculty-led programs is available on MyTLU.
2016 Faculy-Led Programs
Courses: KINS 379 - Sport Nutrition OR KINS 333 - Motor Skill Development; An independent study may also be possible
Faculty Leaders: Dr. Erika Deike and Dr. Casi Helbig
Dates: May 16-26
Approximate Cost: $4,300 (10 students minimum)
- Travel to Florence, Venice, and Cinque Terra
- Guided bike tour, guided city tours, kayaking, hiking, and yoga
- Visit an art gallery and participate in a cooking class
- Climb and visit the Duomo—Cathedral of Santa Maria dei Fiore
Course: THEO 210 - Iona Pilgrimage
Faculty Leaders: Dr. Phil Ruge-Jones and Pastor Kara Stewart
Dates: June 9-22
Approximate Cost: $4,000 (10 students minimum)
- Travel to Oban, Iona, and Edinburgh
- Daily worship and community building in an ancient abbey
- Learn about the early development of Protestantism as well as the contemporary Protestant church
- Visit historic Edinburgh Castle, Holyroodhouse Palace, and St. Giles’ Cathedral
November 17, 2015Read More
October 13, 2015
Check out our new Study Abroad video, developed by TLU alumni José Flores ’03 and Jimmy Flores ’06.Read More