The CMA Youth Choirs are open to all school-age vocalists interested in developing their vocal skills and participating in the team music-making efforts of a choir. Young singers can expect to grow in the areas of healthy vocal production, music reading, confidence in performance, and in appreciation of excellent and diverse choral literature. The choirs, under the direction of Mrs. Shareen Vader, is open to singers grades 4-12, accepted on the basis of individual auditions.
- $10 Choir Music and Uniform Fee per semester for each student.
- Tuition is $100 per semester; $75 for additional siblings.
- Full scholarships are awarded to all students who have graduated from the Lindenbaum Outreach Program Beginning Choir.
Intermediate Choir is for students in the 4-8 grade that require an intermediate approach to part singing, vocal production, music reading, and ear training. The Intermediate Choir will have opportunities to rehearse and perform with the advanced choir during the semester. The Intermediate Choir members can audition for a position in the advanced choir after the completion of one year.
Meetings: Thursdays from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. at the TLU Chapel
Advanced Choir directed by Shareen Vader
Meetings: Thursdays from 6:15 - 7:30 p.m. at the TLU Chapel
Qualifications: Can match pitch, be able to sing and concentrate for 1 hour and 45 minutes, music reading ability is preferred but not necessary to be in the choir. A positive attitude and the commitment to attend all rehearsals and performances. Students must be entering the fourth grade to participate and/or graduated from the Training Choir program.
Youth Choir Auditions (for Intermediate and Advanced/Mixed Choirs)
- Students wishing to join for the first time or advance to the Intermediate or Advanced/Mixed Choirs from a lower choir must attend a brief audition.
- Students may elect to prepare a short song, but no specific preparation is necessary. Mrs. Vader will test each student's vocal range, pitch matching, and vocal tone quality.
- Please contact CMA Assistant Lynda Taylor to reserve an audition time: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 830-372-6448
- Upcoming audition dates: August 2018
- Community Education
- Summer Programs
- Alternative Teacher Certification Program
- Community Music Academy