Need help registering to vote or have questions regarding the process? TLU is proud to be a community resource.
2018 Registration Deadlines & Election Dates
Fall 2018: General Election
- Application for Ballot by Mail Deadline: October 26
- Registration Deadline: October 9
- Early Voting: October 22-November 2
- Election Day: November 6
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I register?
- Applications to register to vote in Guadalupe and Comal counties are available at the Center for Servant Leadership, located in the Annex building next to Hahn Hall.
- Applications are also available at the Guadalupe County Elections Office and the Comal County Elections Office.
What type of ID do I need to register?
- Texas’ voter registration form asks for your Texas driver’s license or ID number, or the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
- What type of ID do I need to vote?
- All voters will be asked for ID when voting in person. Check www.votetexas.gov for approved forms of ID.
How can I vote?
- Vote early by mail: In Texas, voters may only vote by mail if they will be away from their county on Election Day and during the in-person early voting period; are sick or disabled; are at least 65 years old on Election Day; or are confined in jail not serving a sentence for a felony. You may request an early ballot from the county elections office by mailing the official state form or the Federal Post Card Application.
- Vote early in person: Voters in Texas may vote early in person starting the 17th day before Election Day, October 23, 2017. The early voting period ends the 4th day before Election Day, November 3, 2017.
- Election day: Polls are open from 7:00am – 7:00pm.
Information For Students
You can only be registered and vote in one location. All students have a choice about where to register to vote: at school, or at another permanent address. If a parent/guardian’s address is considered “home”, students can use that address, or they may use their college address.
- TLU students may register to vote with their TLU school address, and vote within Guadalupe County. Students must plan to return after temporary absences, like summer break, but do not have to plan to reside at that address permanently. Students who choose to register in this way should use their TLU residence hall address to register, which can be retrieved from the Residence Life office or from the Center for Servant Leadership.
- If a student decides to register in Guadalupe County, and lives in a residence hall on-campus, they will use their hall address and the # for the residence address. Their mailing address would be 1000 West Court Street. # _____, Seguin, TX 78155.
- Students may choose to register or remain registered at a permanent address off-campus in Seguin, in other parts of Texas, or outside of the state.
- If registering in Guadalupe or Comal counties, students would register using their address within that county.
- If registering outside of Guadalupe or Comal counties with a parent/guardian in another part of Texas or another state, students may vote by absentee ballot by requesting a ballot-by-mail. Deadlines and procedures for ballot-by-mail and voter registration may vary for states outside of Texas, and so students should contact the elections officials within that county.
Contact Morgan Klaser, director of the Center For Servant Leadership, at 830-372-8162.
- Community Education
- Summer Programs
- Alternative Teacher Certification Program
- Community Music Academy
September 15, 2018 all day
A Celebration of Latinx Heritage
September 28, 2018 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
September 29, 2018 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
October 1, 2018 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
October 4, 2018 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm