TLU's post-baccalaureate alternative teacher certification program is approved by the Texas Workforce Commission.
Some applicants may be eligible for funding under the the Workforce Investment Act (WIA). Contact your local Texas Workforce center for more information.
- Provides high-quality professional development that is sustained, intensive, and classroom-focused in order to have a positive and lasting impact on classroom instruction before and while teaching.
- Provides intensive supervision that consists of structured guidance and regular ongoing support for teachers or a teacher mentoring program.
- Allows the candidate to assume the functions as a teacher only for a specified period of time not to exceed three years.
- Requires the teacher to demonstrate satisfactory progress toward full certification as prescribed by the State.
Areas of Certification
- EC-6 Generalist
- 4-8 Generalist
- 4-8 Science
- 4-8 Math
- 4-8 Math and Science
- 4-8 English Language Arts and Reading
- 4-8 Social Studies
- 7-12 English Language Arts and Reading
- 7-12 History
- 7-12 Life Science
- 7-12 Math
- 7-12 Physical Science
- 7-12 Social Studies
- 7-12 Science
- EC-12 Art
- EC-12 Music
- EC-12 Physical Education (Kinesiology)
- EC-12 LOTE: Spanish
Apply Now for TLU Post-Bac Program
Submit the following materials to ensure admission to TLU's Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification Program:
- Application for Admission to PBTCP (PDF)
- Authorization and Release for Criminal History Investigation (PDF)
- Recommendation Form (PDF) (three recommendations required)
- Tuition Agreement (PDF)
- $50.00 non-refundable application fee (Check, money order, or credit card authorization)
- Original transcripts from all colleges and unversities attended (unofficial transcripts may be submitted pending receipt of official transcripts)
Application Deadlines for 2014-2015
- Spring 2015: January 7
- Summer A 2015: May 1
- Summer B 2015: June 6
- Fall 2015: August 1
For more information about becoming a teacher in Texas, visit the State Board for Educator Certification website.
For issues or complaints about this educator preparation program, email www.tea.state.tx.us, complaints (located in red banner at the bottom of the home page), or mail Correspondence Management, Texas Education Agency, 1701 N. Congress, Austin, TX 78701.
TExES Certification Exam Pass Rates
TExES Certification Exam Pass Rates 2010-2011
TExES Certification Exam Pass Rates 2011-2012
TExES Certification Exam Pass Rates 2012-2013
- Summer Programs
- Community Education
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification
- Community Music Academy
April 18, 2015 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
April 17, 2015 all day
April 20, 2015 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
April 24, 2015 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
May 14, 2015 all day