Applicants must meet each of the following requirements:
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning with an overall grade point average of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Submit official transcripts from every college/university attended
- Submit a $50 non-refundable application fee
- Complete the application package for admission to the post-baccalaureate teacher certification program. For more information and to apply now, visit www.tlu.edu/postbac.
- Successfully participate in a structured interview with post-baccalaureate teacher certification program staff and TLU faculty.
Depending on the desired area of certification, applicants must document that they have met the coursework requirements outlined below. Applicants who do not meet these requirements will need to take “deficiency” courses before they can secure an internship position.
Bachelors degree course work requirements vary depending on certification area. Contact program director for details.
Pre-Admission Content Tests (PACT)
Degreed applicants to the TLU Post-baccalaureate Teacher Certification Program who do not have the number of semester hours noted above for each certification area, but who do have at least 18 hours, may demonstrate their content proficiency by taking the TExES content-area exam in their area of certification. Please refer to the Information Regarding Pre-Admission Content Tests (PACT) from the State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC). We suggest that you take this exam even if you meet the semester-hour requirments noted above because you must pass the exam prior to your internship. Your score report will also indicate areas that you need to study to be a more effective teacher and/or to pass the exam should you not pass on your first attempt.
PACT may be required for other applicants at the descretion of the PBTCP staff.
Prior to taking the examination, download and study the related preparation manual from the ETS site and take the sample test at the end of the manual.
These costs / fees are for the 2014-2015 academic year - August 2014 through August 2015.
- $50 non-refundable fee for application to the TLU Post-baccalaureate Teacher Certification Program
- Each Post-baccalarueate Teacher Certification Program course for academic credit is $975 ($325 per semester hour).
- Each of the two required online reading courses (not for academic credit) is $95.
- There is no additional cost for the TExES Test Preparation (not for academic credit).
- Costs for books and other educational expenses vary with each course.
- Some students may require additional courses in their content area for certification. These additional courses are charged at the Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification Program course rate of $325 per semester hour if taken at TLU.
- Fingerprinting, probationary, and standard certificates are additional costs.
Students are assessed charges each semester for tuition. Payment for these charges may be made by one of the following two methods.
- Option I: Payment in Full
Full payment may be made in advance of, or at the time of, registration confirmation.
- Option II: Monthly Payment Plan
Payment may be made in three installments per long semester.
Both plans are subject to one percent (1%) monthly interest (12% APR) on the unpaid balance. VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted. A service charge of $20.00 is assessed each semester for participation in this monthly payment plan.
- Summer Programs
- Community Education
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification
- Community Music Academy
January 31, 2015 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
February 01, 2015 all day
February 04, 2015 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
February 04, 2015 all day
February 06, 2015 9:00 AM - 5:30 AM