Alternative Teacher Certification Program
TLU's alternative teacher certification program is accredited by the Texas Education Agency.
- Provides high-quality professional development that is sustained, intensive, and classroom-focused in order to have a positive and lasting impact on classroom instruction before and while teaching.
- Provides intensive supervision that consists of structured guidance and regular ongoing support for teachers or a teacher mentoring program.
- Allows the candidate to assume the functions as a teacher only for a specified period of time not to exceed three years.
- Requires the teacher to demonstrate satisfactory progress toward full certification as prescribed by the State.
Areas of Certification
- EC-6 Core Subjects
- 4-8 Core Subjects
- 4-8 Science
- 4-8 Math
- 4-8 Math and Science
- 4-8 English Language Arts and Reading
- 4-8 Social Studies
- 7-12 English Language Arts and Reading
- 7-12 History
- 7-12 Life Science
- 7-12 Math
- 7-12 Physical Science
- 7-12 Social Studies
- 7-12 Science
- EC-12 Art
- EC-12 Music
- EC-12 Physical Education (Kinesiology)
- EC-12 LOTE: Spanish
Apply Now for TLU Alternative Teacher Certification Program
Submit the following materials to ensure admission to TLU's Alternative Teacher Certification Program:
- Apply now
- $55 non-refundable application fee (Check, money order, or credit card authorization)
- Original transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (unofficial transcripts may be submitted pending receipt of official transcripts)
- Three recommendations required
- Fall Term 2019: August 14, 2019
- Spring Term 2020: December 9, 2019
For more information about becoming a teacher in Texas, visit the State Board for Educator Certification website.
For issues or complaints about this educator preparation program, email www.tea.state.tx.us, complaints (located in red banner at the bottom of the home page), or mail Correspondence Management, Texas Education Agency, 1701 N. Congress, Austin, TX 78701.
TExES Certification Exam Pass Rates
TExES Certification Exam PPR Pass Rates 2018-2019
TExES Certification Exam Non-PPR Pass Rates 2018-2019
TExES Certification Exam Pass Rates 2015-2016
TExES Certification Exam Pass Rates 2014-2015
TExES Certification Exam Pass Rates 2013-2014
TExES Certification Exam Pass Rates 2012-2013
- Community Education
- Summer Programs
- Alternative Teacher Certification Program
- Community Music Academy
February 22, 2020 9:15 am - 1:30 pm
February 1, 2020 all day
February 8, 2020 9:00 am - April 11, 2020 12:00 pm
February 12, 2020 5:00 pm - April 15, 2020 7:00 pm
February 24, 2020 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Event series sponsored by the Bogisch Student Christian Faith Program Fund, the Theology-Philosophy Symposium Fund, and the Department of Theology, Philosophy, and Classical Languages.